From 17 May, under Government guidelines - the next step of the roadmap out of lockdown, the following businesses and activities can re-open:
- Groups of up to 30 can meet outdoors
- People can meet in pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues indoors, with the rule of 6 and table service.
- Weddings, funerals, christenings and other significant life events can have up to 30 people
- Cinemas, theatres, bingo halls and museums can open with social distancing
- Sports stadia can open with capacity limits in place
- Hotels and B&B’s will allow overnight stays in groups of up to six or two households
- Organised indoor adult sport, such as badminton and indoor tennis and gym classes will be allowed to resume
However, nothing much has changed for us in that our priorities are still to look after our staff and to continue to serve our customers to the best of our ability.
We are working closely with all our Water Wholesalers who also have plans to ensure that their services continue at the highest level throughout Covid-19. You should continue to contact your Wholesaler directly for any water quality and supply interruption concerns, and we will keep in contact with you concerning any wholesaler guidance. If you have closed again, when you re-open your business, with so much focus upon keeping your employees and customers safe, please take steps to ensure the water on site is also safe to use.
We have been operating under the following principles:
- Keeping our employees, customers and the communities we serve safe
- Maintaining a comprehensive service to our customers to both help and advise
- Reflecting our customers trading status to provide accurate bills
- Lobbying and actively participating in consultations with regulators to achieve the best outcomes for our customers and the water market in general
The following tips may be useful as you return to work.
- 100% of our staff are still working from home. The best and safest contact method is now email rather than phone or post. Please use email@example.com
- If you are now used to carrying out your own meter reads and can do so safely, we would encourage you to continue taking reads and submitting them to us online.
- Please make all payments electronically rather than cheques which need handling. You can see other online payment methods here.
- Register for My Account which allows you to manage your account online including:
- Updating contact details
- Submitting meter reads
- View and pay bills online
- Consider signing up for Direct Debit which will help you manage your payments and spread the cost of your bills into manageable monthly amounts
- With so much focus rightly being applied to keeping employees and customers safe, please don’t forget to ensure your water is safe to use before reopening your premises.
- If you are experiencing trouble paying your bills, please contact us. We may be able to arrange a suitable payment plan.